Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Poppyseed Sugar Cookies

A few hours from now I will ... still be in a considerable amount of pain but at least I'll be short one or two teeth and hopefully that pain will be relieved with painkillers because this pain has progressed to the point where NOTHING relieves it.
Not the T3 I took last night, not the orajel I rubbed all over my gums, not the Motrin I took this morning.
John had to come hold me while I cried in the bathroom last night.
 
I'm clearly not good with pain.
 
It's time for me to go put on some comfy sweat clothes for my appointment with the oral surgeon but here's a recipe for the cookies I whipped up last night.
 
 



1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/4 cup (310 mL) granulated sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup (60 mL) poppy seeds
4 cups flour (1 L) all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt

  • In large mixing bowl using electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and poppy seeds.
  • In another mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sift into sugar mixture in several batches. Stir with spatula until dough forms.
  • Roll dough until thin, about 0.6 inch (1/2 cm), on lightly floured board and cut into shapes, if desired. Place on ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake in preheated 375F (190C) oven until puffed but firm, about 10 to 12 minutes.
  • Cool 5 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.

Today: Christmas movies in my jammies with my sister and hubby. And soup. Lots of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment