Saturday, March 14, 2015

Red Velvet Madeleines

I baked!

I fished out the ol' madeleine pan and whipped up two types of madeleines for a family birthday party this weekend.

I made the delicious lemon madeleines that I've made many times before and I tried out a new type as well.


For the lemon madeleine recipe - click here.

For the red velvet madeleine recipe, see below!




  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
  • In a bowl, mix together 3/4 cup granulated sugarlarge eggsegg yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract3/4 cup melted butter, and 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
  • Add in 1 1/3 cups cake flour2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Fill madeleine pan and bake for 7-8 minutes. Allow to cool then dust with powdered sugar.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment