Thursday, April 2, 2015

Oven Roasted Jerk Chickpeas

In my new ongoing quest to find quick snacks that are also healthy, I came across roasted chickpeas.
Believe me when I tell you that these are incredibly easy to make and are so tasty - especially if, like me, you can't enjoy nuts.
You can use pretty much any kind of seasoning you want. 
I used jerk seasoning because I had a lot of it on hand.


  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Open a can of chickpeas and drain out the liquid. Spread the chickpeas out evenly on a baking sheet.
  • Sprinkle with desired seasoning.
  • Bake for about 30 mins. Then let cool and enjoy!
This snack is about 125 calories per 1/2 cup and is loaded with protein and fibre! A much healthier alternative to chips....or chocolate, if we're being realistic about my snacking habits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment