Friday, November 23, 2012

Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake

As promised, I have returned with a recipe from the Philadelphia recipe booklet I got in the mail the other day.
 
I've had such a craving for this ever since I saw it.
Perhaps when I'm done with this crazy string of nights I'll make a date with my kitchen and get to work.
I did make banana bread (with wheat germ which was such a good decision) yesterday night and it was nice to bake again.
 
I hope I get right back into it for the holidays.
 
Tonight at work things seem to finally have settled down.
One patient (very confused and paranoid) accused me of abusing him when I was trying to run the air out of his g-feed and then he threatened to break my neck when I told him I was going to start running the feed again.
(The man weighs maybe 75 lbs so the threat is kind of an empty one but it still hurt my feelings. I had just sat with him for a long time and listened to his concerns about being given medication that he thinks people are using to control him...so I felt betrayed that he claimed I was abusing him!)
 
Anywhoooo he let me flush his g-tube and reposition him so I guess we're friends again.
 
And without further ado - here's the recipe!
 
 
 
{Recipe taken from the Philadelphia website found here}
  • 1-1/4 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 3 pkg. (250 g each) Philadelphia Brick Cream Cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • eggs
  • 4 oz. Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
  • 3/4 cup thick caramel sauce (not sundae syrup)
  • 1/2 tsp.coarse sea salt
  1. Mix baking crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
  2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Stir in chocolate; pour over crust.
  3. Bake 40 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours.
  4. Spread caramel sauce over cheesecake just before serving; sprinkle with salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment