Sunday, July 27, 2014

Boy or Girl? What the Old Wives think

Less than a week now til the next ultrasound!
Since I keep going back and forth about what I think I'm having (my feelings change based on things like people's guesses, dreams, etc), I thought it'd be fun to check out some of the popular old wive's tales used to predict the sex of the baby to see if boy or girl came out on top.

The winner?


It's a dead heat. 
I probably shouldn't have chosen an even number of questions but I wanted to include the more popular ones. 
Of the online predictor quizzes I've done, one said 60% chance it's a girl and the other was a 75% chance of this little one being a girl. 
Only time will tell. 

Breaking down the myths : 
  • I've had no real morning sickness (some nausea but no throwing up which I am incredibly grateful for). Apparently this means boy - although I've been told differently by people who were very sick with their sons and totally fine with their daughters. My mom had two girls and zero morning sickness.
  • I have had an increased number of headaches. Apparently this also means boy. I also had the worst migraine I may have ever had in my life about a month and a half ago. 
  • No pregnancy glow, really. Definitely breakouts. Supposedly this means it's a girl because a girl will steal some of your beauty for herself. Kind of selfish if you ask me. 
  • I'm craving more sweets, especially things like fruit. Apparently this means girl. I guess cause we're sweeter.
  • The Mayans say I'm having a girl (take your age at conception and the year you conceived. If both are even or odd it's a girl. If one is even and one is odd it's a boy).
  • The Chinese tell me it's a boy. Google the calendar. It's based on your age and the month of conception.
  • I'm carrying low. This could be because I'm still early on and my bump hasn't really grown to epic proportions yet. But this means boy.
  • All my extra weight (so far) is in my belly. and boobs I suppose. But this, too, points to boy.
  • At the last checkup, baby's heart rate was 154 beats per minute. Above 140 is supposed indicate a girl. 
  • And the strangest one - my leg hair has not started growing faster or darker. Supposedly if you're having a boy the new source of testosterone in your body causes this. So for me this means girl. And less time spent with a razor. 
If you'd like to make your guess please do!
The big reveal on the blog will probably be in early August :)

What do you think? Boy or girl?


No comments:

Post a Comment