Monday, September 29, 2014

Wanted: a Vacation

Maybe it's because I'm currently working a night shift and I'm pooped.
Maybe it's because I've been trying to work as much as I can without making myself exhausted.
Maybe it's knowing I've got about 11 more weeks of work and then I'll be on maternity leave.
Maybe it's because once I go on mat leave it'll be years before I take a vacation without having to think about a little one.
 
 
I want to relax and be pampered, eat good food, spend hours reading, and generally just enjoy the last little bit of my free time - while it's still my time.
 
Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly excited to be a mom. I've wanted to be a mom for pretty much my entire life and I'm beyond ready to turn my time into baby's time.
I'm just being realistic because, from what I know and what I've heard, while being a parent is incredibly amazing, it can also be incredibly tough.
I just want to end 29 years of selfish existence with a bang.
 
And maybe a beach.
 
Then bring on the diapers, the smiles, the moments spent just staring at the perfect little life we created, and the every-2-hour-feedings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment