Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rapini Recipe

Once again I find myself on the computer at work, not at home.
I feel like I'm never at home these days.
I miss my home.
Sad face.
Last week I worked Monday-Thursday (after school, natch) and then Friday I was wisked away to la belle province shortly after returning from clinical and frantically packing my bags.
Tremblant was, by the way, amazing.
I didn't ski/snowboard in an effort to save money and to try and get some school work done.
I set up shop in a coffee place at the base of one of the hill and pulled a table over to the only power outlet I could see. Bought myself un cafe, plugged in my laptop and my blackberry and Bob's your uncle*, I was away and running.
Whatta nerd.
*I actually have an Uncle Bob. Jealous?
Anyway, once I'm home (tomorrow) I'll try and find some blog-friendly photos from Tremblant to post for your entertainment.
In other news, I am addicted to the cold buffet at Loblaws. My valliant efforts to save money and eat healthier are being unjustly sabotaged by this layout of deliciousness. To be fair (read: to make myself feel better) not all of the food is unhealthy. Some of the items are a little more than just flavoured with oil but here are my regular selections: wheat berry salad, edemame, soba noodles (with sesame seeds and green onions), and rapini with olive oil and garlic.
What's rapini, perhaps you're asking yourself?
Well friends, let me tell you.
It is delicious and it's a cross between brocolli and asparagus. Sometimes it's called brocolli rabe (what Martha refers to it in her recipe) but I think rapini sounds more exotic.
Here's a recipe for you, from Martha, inspired by my cold buffet addiction
Sauteed Brocolli Rabe (aka Rapini)

1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add 2 bunches of rapini and cook for one minute.

2. Cover with a lid and continue to cook until leaves are golden and crisp, about 2 minutes.

3. Add in 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced, and cook for one more minute. Season with salt, serve and enjoy!

Sorry I've been negligent on the blog-end of things. I have 2 more essays to write and then I will have more free time.

I do not like school. Sigh. The dislike is exponentially increased by the fantastic spring-like weather, sunshine, and the fact that I am counting down the days until summer vacation.

22 days and 4 exams in case you were curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment