Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Christmas Craft: Advent Jar

As most of you are aware, Pinterest is the greatest thing ever to happen to the internet.
Need fashion or hair inspiration? Pinterest.
Need an inspirational quote or funny picture to get you through the day? Pinterest.
Need a craft idea? Pinterest.
 
When I work nights and it's quiet, the wee hours of the morning are often spent scrolling through hundreds of pictures on Pinterest.
 
On my recent Christmas kick I came across this cute idea and have decided to make one for John.
 
 
I'm planning to attach numbers to chocolates and candies in the jar.
Every 5 days (December 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, and obviously the 25th) there will be a little present instead of chocolate. I've already picked up a bag of Lindt chocolates and a Tim Horton's gift card. I'm thinking some of the other presents can be things like new boxers and other items under $15.
 
I found a template for the numbers here (I might trim off the 'more days' part)
 
I'll keep you up to speed on how the jar goes.
I also fell in love with these DIY advent ideas:
 
Muffin Tin Advent Calendar
 
 
All you need is adhesive magnet sheets to cut to cover the holes. Plus candy to put in each spot.
 
Advent Calendar Wall Chart
(from thepaintedhive.net)

 
Full instructions plus free templates for this idea can be found at The Painted Hive website here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment