Thursday, December 12, 2013

Knitting Projects

I recently (finally) finished a long knitting project:
This blanket.

I've made a blanket before but this was almost double the size of the first one and took me the better part of 6 months to finish. This was mostly because I'd start and stop and wasn't just consistently working on it. 

I finished it at work one night and then decided to get adventurous and try my hand at something more complicated than a straight garter stitch pattern.
In the same MSL issue with the bacon jam recipe, I also saw a knitting template for adorable mittens.
Following that template, I started on my first mitten.

I was using my big blanket needles so... I probably should have waited and used smaller needles or cast on less stitches than the pattern called for. 

It's the size of an oven mitt.
 I think once it's complete I'll use it as the dog's stocking. 

It was good practice to learn how to add stitches by "make 1 left" and drop stitches by knitting two together.

I will be trying this again with more appropriate needles.

If you're looking for a quick knitting project follow the template for these cute mittens here

No comments:

Post a Comment