Friday, December 10, 2010

Candy Gift Ideas

Because I am slightly poor this year, I'm thinking about doing some candy gift baskets for Christmas.
I know sometimes it seems like a cheap way out but I think it can be done in a very elegant way, especially if you make some delicious and unique candies.
Here are some of the recipes I'm looking into:
Truffles

I've made truffles once or twice before and they're so good. They don't take too much effort to make and they can be dressed up and packaged to look very elegant.
Peanut Butter Cups
(with soy butter!)
I've never tried making these - and it's been about 15 years since I've had one - so now that I've found and experimented with soy butter, I think I will attempt these! Perhaps for John's brother...
Caramel Popcorn

I used my Aunt Wendy's recipe and made some to take up to John's grandparents' cottage in the summer and it disappeared very quickly! I think this is a great idea for a Christmas gift since you can find some really cute tins to put it in AND it would go great in a movie-themed basket.

More Fudge!

I know I posted peppermint fudge the other day but these fudge cups are adorable. AND by making them in mini-muffin cups you can individualize each one.
Peppermint Bark


I've made this a few times and it's so easy to eat half of the entire thing simply because you don't realize how often you go over to break off another peice! I saw another Martha recipe for peppermint bark with crispy rice in it which I think I will try!

That's it for now - though you can believe the recipes for some of these will be going up in no time.
I have my (one and only) exam this afternoon! Then a christmas party, and then my friend and I are creating the most amazing Mars bar cheesecake the world has ever seen.
It's going to be a night of gluttony!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my. All these recipes look fantastic! Perhaps the ones that won't fit in your containers will make it to the Country Christmas bash?

    ReplyDelete