Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Time is Here: All About Gingerbread

I've been moved in to the house I am sitting (also sitting a dog and kitten) for a few days now. I just took the dog for a walk and shoveled the driveway.
There is a lot of snow out there... I have a feeling I will be shoveling that driveway again tomorrow.
Last night I made some dough for sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies.
I love love love gingerbread - I think it' s the molasses flavour that really does it for me.
There is so much more that you can do with gingerbread than just make gingerbread men.
If you're looking for something new to do with gingerbread then look no further!

Gingerbread Cheesecake
I made this last year for the Bad Sweater Party and it is every bit as good as it looks.
Chocolate Gingerbread Bars

These look so good and seem like they would package well to take as a host/hostess gift to any holiday party you might attend in the next few days. For the recipe go here.

Gingerbread Waffles
Want gingerbread cookies for breakfast without the guilt? Problem solved.
Chocolate Gingerbread House Petit-Fours

These would make perfect place settings for a holiday dinner. For the recipe and how-to go here.


Gingerbread Linzertorte
This is a more elegant way of dressing up your gingerbread recipe and with a delicious raspberry jam filling, this is sure to be a crowd pleaser. For the recipe go here.

I think tomorrow I will not only decorate my gingerbread cookies, but I will also attempt some fudge and the chocolate gingerbread bars!
Off to work :)



No comments:

Post a Comment