Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Cookie Countdown: Tea Cookies (22 Days to go!)

You'll have to excuse the fact that this is a repeat offender recipe.
In my defense I baked up a batch for John as he's away for work this upcoming week and requested these AND I have an exam tomorrow so I can't be baking every second of the day.
Except that I am and I'm finding a lot of other things to do rather than study.
But as soon as I post this I'm back to studying!
I only have the one exam so I have no excuse.



  • In a bowl, cream 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar together. Mix in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla.
  • Mix in 2 1/2 cups flour and the tea inside 8 tea bags of whatver tea you'd like to use. Stir to combine. Wrap cookie dough and put in the fridge for at least an hour.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once chilled, roll out dough on a floured surface and cut out in circles.  Bake for 7-10 minutes then allow cookies to cool before enjoying.
To fancify (yep, a word) this recipe for holiday gift-giving, find a specialty tea store and grab some different flavoured teas to make the cookies more unique. If you have a David's Tea anywhere nearby they have a ton of flavours. Yesterday I had a chocolate chili chai tea! Pretty good.

Tomorrow you get a recipe PLUS a how-to on cleaning dried brittle off your kitchen cupboards, floor, and counter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment