Saturday, May 4, 2013

Quinoa + Fall Vegetables PLUS: Bedroom Redecorating Update

 
Sometimes I make great choices. Case in point: the new bedroom set I purchased recently.
Sometimes I make poor choices. Case in point: not sleeping at all on Wednesday until the bedroom furniture was set up.
 
My dad made the mistake of phoning me on Tuesday and got suckered into coming to Ikea with me to help me carry a bed frame and 2 side tables.
 
 
Tuesday night I started to piece together the first of the tables but then I had to go to work so I didn't get too far.
I came home on Wednesday morning and decided that I would set up the bed frame then go to sleep.
Taking off the mattress, wheeling out the old frame, sweeping the floor and clearing out enough space for the new frame took about half an hour.

 
Then I built.
It took unil about 1 pm before I had this:

 
I was exhausted but it was so worth the effort. It looks so nice and the bed is so high, it's almost like sleeping in my sister's bed (ed note: she has the most insanely comfortable bed I've ever slept in).
 
Now I need to get the matching dresser, a new tv, and to put up some photos on the wall above the bed.
 
I tried out a new recipe the other night using the food de jour: quinoa.
It was hearty and very tasty.
The recipe can be found here.
I left out the eggs.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment