Sunday, May 12, 2013

Restaurant Review: The Lobster Trap

 
I love Groupon & Buytopia.
Love them.
I've purchased yoga classes, restaurant coupons, massages, a watch, and an assortment of other things.
Most recently I purchased one for The Lobster Trap.
John is a big seafood fan and this restaurant gets good reviews so I took him for a surprise dinner outing on Thursday night.
 
$30 for $70 worth of entrees sounded like a lot but the prices are quite high so the deal from Buytopia was perfect.
 
 
 
 
We enjoyed some deliciously buttery garlic rolls and John ordered a half dozen oysters ($16).
He maintains the best oysters he's had are from The Miller Tavern but he certainly devoured the ones in front of him pretty quickly.
 
I ordered the filet mignon ($32) with a baked potato while John opted for a 1 1/4 lb lobster ($36).
 
The steak was easily one of the best I've ever had. It was cooked perfectly and was so tender I barely had to move my knife to cut through it.
Even the lobster was delicious and I am not a big seafood fan.
We were shown by our server how to find some secret meat in the tail - lobster meat can be pretty sweet but the tiny morsels of meat from the tail was perfection.
 
The staff were very friendly. The restaurant doesn't feel overly upscale but the prices certainly seem that way.
 
The food is well worth the price if you're willing to splurge a bit.
Or, better yet, find a deal!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment