Wednesday, October 28, 2009

58 Days till Christmas...not that I'm counting

58 Days.
58 agonizingly long days until Christmas is upon us.
In case you weren't previous aware or didn't make an inference from that little blurb above, I am addicted to Christmas. Like, we're talking painfully dependent, makes my heart beat faster to think and talk about it kind of addicted. It is ABSOLUTELY without a doubt the best time of year.

See what I did there? With the colours? See?

Every year, around Halloween, I am reminded that the next major holiday is Christmas. It's hard not to be reminded of it because as soon as Halloween is over, those decorations and bags of candy are relocated to another aisle of the store and the priority shelfing is allocated to all things Christmas. Not to mention that there's a reminder every so often of how many shopping days are left until Christmas. Talk about pressure. Plus November is kind of a blah month, much like February and March (no offense to those who have birthdays then, I'd like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a reason to celebrate during those months), so extending Christmas into November is perfectly excusable.
Last year, my first Christmas living with John, was a harsh wake up call. I learned the hard reality that not everyone is as Christmas gung-ho as I am. Not completely unreasonable, but I was not allowed to decorate until at least December 1 (took an entire day off from studying to do so and took a day off school in November to craft stockings) and Christmas music was nixed until about 10 days before. I downloaded something like 125 Christmas songs. I listened to them secretly on my ipod every chance I got. This is not a joke.
*Mental picture: me on the elliptical machine, sweating to The Nutcracker soundtrack, Trans Siberian Orchestra, etc*
To satiate my need for all things Christmas, and to try and keep myself in check (still well over a month to go) I have decided that the best thing to do is to designate one (1) day a week (just one) to bringing you something in the Christmas spirit, whether it be a craft, gift idea, or recipe.
As today is Wednesday I guess from now on you can look forward to Christmas Wednesdays!
Today I have for you a craft. An adorable button ornament creation taken from the Martha Stewart Website. I am definitely going to try making these at some point. I'll let you know how they work out.

Please feel free to send me any and all Christmas ideas. I live for them.

Happy (Merry) Christmas Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment