Friday, October 9, 2009

Not Your Average Thanksgiving Desert...

I'm home sick today. I feel like I'm in elementary school again, catching up on all the daytime TV I never get to watch.

I've made my plans for my two Thanksgiving dinners this year: Sunday night at John's gradnfather's house, and Monday night at my parents' place.
Always wanting to put my best foot forward, I told John that I would make something to bring to his family's dinner. He suggested a potato dish but I know in advance that there will be like 3 or 4 of them already. Mashed, yoters (note to self: google search/wikipedia this), and the candied yams his aunt Sindy makes. Or better make if she knows what's good for her. So delicious.
We decided I'd go the tried and true desert route and I decided I'd finally try to make a desert that I've had my eye on for awhile:


The Charlotte

This is a chocolate-coconut charlotte a la Martha Stewart. My mom pointed this one out to me in one of the magazines. So pretty, though I can guarantee that mine will not look like that. Everyone knows I can't tie ribbon.
And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a pistachio charlotte. I will not be making this one for fear of having an allergic reaction. I do like the colour scheme though.

I really want to tie my charlotte into the whole thanksgiving-pumpkin theme. I wonder if a pumpkin pie type filling would work.... maybe a pumpkin cheesecake filling? Something a little more substantial to hold up under the lady fingers...hmmm. I'll be figuring this all out either tomorrow or Sunday (frantically, last minute) so I will certainly take pictures and follow up with its tastability and workability.
Two new words. All mine. Watch out Truthiness.
*Update: YES! and NOooooo!
One new word I guess...I'll take it.
Have a great long weekend!
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBIN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment