Monday, May 31, 2010

Bridal Shower + Trifle Bowl = ...?

So 2 weeks ago at Costco I bought a beautiful trifle bowl.
I've never made trifle before but I've had it once and good lordy it was delicious.
So next weekend is my dear friend's bridal shower and as one of the hostesses, I am prepping everything. Including 2 types of cupcakes (Chai and lime ricotta cheesecake) and a more centerpeice-worthy desert. Which I will put in my trifle bowl!
Now - the question I have to ask you all is this:
Do I make a traditional trifle OR do I make a strawberry shortcake in a trifle bowl?
Here is Martha's 1-2-3-4 Lemon Cake which I think would look fantastic in the bowl:

Delicious lemon curd layered between thick slices of pound cake and topped with fresh whipped cream and berries. Mmmmmm
Then there's the more traditional trifle:

....which I kind of like the look of a bit more......eep!

Input please!

Also - my cousin from Ireland arrives this week for her first ever visit to Toronto! I'll be posting some fun things to do in the city this week as I brainstorm trips to take her on to showcase the beauty and fun that is Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment