Friday, October 1, 2010

"Good Things" for October (2010)

It's October!

Where did September go? It seems like only yesterday that I was getting ready to head back to school.
Time flies when you really don't have much free timeto spare, apparently.

But it's once again the weekend, the glorious, glorious weekend. And this time I don't have to get up at 5:30 am with my stomach in knots to head downtown for a brisk 21 km run at 7:30 in the morning.
Hurray!
Though don't get me wrong, I would GLADLY do a half marathon again. It's just nice to know that the only thing I have to wake up early to do this weekend is to get my hair done tomorrow.

There really is nothing quite like having someone massage your scalp with deliciously scented shampoos and conditioners. I'm pretty excited.
Moving on...

It's October so that means it's time for this months Good Things!

Jamie's Good Things for October

1. Big, Big, Big Scarves

(Photo from blog.yokooblog.com/)
I want.
How cozy does this look?
A large scarf that you could take a nap in is probably one of my favourite things about the fall and the chilly weather.

2. Peak Frean Lifestyle Vanilla Bean Latte Cookies

I bought these cookies for the first time ever on Monday because they were on sale and then an additional 50% off the sale price. These cookies are DELICIOUS!
And at 140 calories for 3 cookies they're practically good for you.
If you're looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth and you don't want to splurge too much then go and find these cookies or any one of the other awesome flavours they come in!
(Lime Coconut? Blueberry Brown Sugar? Dark Chocolate with hint of Cherry? Berry Green Tea? Can you really say no thanks to those!?)

3. The Event

Having been a huuuuge Lostie and having said goodbye to it recently, I was lost (ba-doom-ch) thinking about what show would replace it in my heart.

Sure I have Glee and Modern Family to keep me laughing (did everyone else laugh out loud at the great lines that Brittany S. Pierce had? And did everyone swoon over hunkiness incarnate John Stamos? The man is beautiful and, confession, sometimes I listen to his version of the Beach Boy's Forever on repeat). But I need a mysterious drama to keep me trying to figure out what's going on.

This show is it, ladies and gentlemen. If you loved Lost then give The Event a try! If you aren't trying to peice together the peices and anxiously waiting for the next episode after watching the first, then I'll give you a full money back guarantee.

4. Pumpkin Seeds

Don't even think about throwing away what you scoop out of your pumpkins later this month.
Clean the goo off of the seeds and place them on a baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Add salt, pepper, any spice you should so choose. Bake them at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until they start to brown. Then snack on them 'til your heart's content.


5. Breast Cancer Awareness

As many of you know, this weekend is the Walk/Run for the Cure.
I'm proud to support my Aunt who is walking in honour of the hundreds of thousands of women who have been affected by this disease, some of which she knows and has known personally.
If you can't take part in the worthwhile event, then please donate.
Visit http://www.cbcf.org/en-US/home.aspx or http://www.areyourunning.ca/ for more details
To everyone who has already donated: You're doing wonderful things!


Well, I'm back to watching episode 2 of The Event!
Have a fun Friday everyone :)


No comments:

Post a Comment