Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wordy

Just a quick post while I'm at work - and using the computer and subsequently the internet when I should not be.
I went on a baking spree the other day and made biscotti (recipe posted), brownies (kind of disappointed, tasted a bit dry and not nearly chocolate-y enough), and some chocolate chip banana bread. I don't know if I have any pictures of the banana bread but I will post the recipe maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
It was well received when I brought it in today.
Robin leaves for Australia one week from today....
I'm going to miss her.
It's started to become more real that she's going to be gone for almost 2 and a half months while I was guarding the pool this evening.
It's habit for me to call her or send her a message just to tell her something absurd that happened, or ask if she wants to go shopping, or hear funny stories about her day.
Skype is going to become my best friend!
We celebrate her bon voyage this Thursday and again next Monday - the final Rose night for her for awhile.
Hopefully (I hate wishing time away so I only half mean this) if the speed with which the last few months have followed continues, she'll be home before I know it. September flew by. October is pretty much done and I have a feeling November might follow suit.
Anyway I'm off to go get changed and head home for a good sleep.
Recipe tomorrow - assuming I get my paper written, presentation all figured out, and a multitude of other things.
> : (


No comments:

Post a Comment