Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cleanse: Mid-week ranting

**Late Post written on Wednesday**

As you are probably well aware, this week I've been on a cleanse diet.
If you ever want to stop time and make it feel as though a week is the longest week of your life, try this diet.
I can't believe it's only Wednesday.

I've been surviving on fruits, veggies, brown rice, chicken, water and herbal (decaffeinated) teas.
It sucks.
Well that's not entirely true.
I actually quite like brown rice. It has a nutty flavour to it that makes me feel as though I can enjoy nuts sans annoying allergic reaction.
And I've been purchasing and eating a lot of really delicious fruit, especially stone fruits like cherries, peaches, nectarines, and apricots.


I did add in beans last night too and so far so good.
I've been less bloated, not crampy, and generally do feel better although I've been sleeping a lot more.
I suspect this is either due to my need for a good thick steak (first food to be added back in is red meat) or the fact that my body is actually detoxing from the copious amounts of caffeine it's used to receiving.
After red meat I'm bringing coffee back. Although my headache that's was almost my constant companion since Saturday has since let up so maybe I should take htis opportunity to drink less coffee.

On Sunday night (day 2 of my cleanse) I was faced with the greatest temptation of all:
birthday cake.


And creatively decorated cherry-chip cake! My brother in law and his girlfriend set to work on icing this bad boy and the entire thing was almost gone before the end of the night.
I sipped tea instead.

As soon as I feel confident I won't re-aggravate my stomach I'm going to eat the biggest burger I can get my hands on. Hopefully the Holy Chuck Burger. That's on my radar.
Then all breads, all cheeses, big breakfasts....


Sorry stomach, I wish I knew how to quit you.
My eyes are bigger and they win every time.

I just need to stay strong for 4 more days on this cleanse then I can reward myself with a beef burger - hold the bun and condiments.
Or a tenderloin steak.
That seems like a good compromise!

No comments:

Post a Comment