Saturday, May 17, 2014

100 Happy Days: Week 11

 I apologize for being late again this week - yesterday at work I came down with the worst migraine I've had in a long time. I came home from work early and lay in bed from about 2:30 until almost 8 pm. I got up twice to throw up.Then I felt human again, kept some dinner down, then went to bed for the night.
Today, though, today I feel great. The 15 hours of sleep I got yesterday probably didn't hurt!
So here is week 11!

Day 71: Friday.
Trying to look at things glass-half-full, I was happy that this is the first show the dog has really destroyed. She's eaten the laces out of another one of my shoes but nothing this bad. Thankfully I'm in the process of culling my shoe collection before we move... although I'm not sure I was going to get rid of this pair.

Day 72: Saturday.
On my way into work I looked back before I crossed the street and thought to stop and capture the beautiful sunrise. It's a good thing I did because this was just about the peaceful part of my day. I spent the rest of the day running around, being verbally abused by several patients. 
But the quiet sunrise. No one could take 6:30 am away from me.

Day 73: Sunday.
Mother's Day!
My mom, flower child.
My hero.

Day 74: Monday.
This picture was actually taken on Sunday evening in my in-law's backyard but I really wanted to use it this week. John just gave me the perfect reason to use it for Monday - when I woke up on Monday morning, I could still smell the wonderful scent of camp fire smoke in my clothes. I love that smell. 

Day 75: Tuesday.
...and seemingly overnight the park erupted into life. 
Spring!

Day 76: Wednesday.
John's been making me lemonade to satisfy my sour cravings. It's 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup lemon juice, and about 2 cups of water. It's delicious. 

Day 77: Thursday.
Spotted on our park walk: a trillium!
They seem sacred to me, I guess because it's illegal to pick them. I like spotting them for that reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment