Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A 25th Birthday Idea

I've been thinking that since I will be turning 25 in just over a month's time I should celebrate the quarter century landmark by throwing a birthday party I would have had when I was 5.
I'm talking balloons, streamers, loot bags, a pinata, ice cream cake, party hats, etc.
Not like I don't do all of that stuff every year regardless but this year would sort of be the kiddie party to the extreme.
Now I'm not so sure I want to do that but as I was browsing through the Martha website I came across a section dedicated to kid's birthday party themes.
This one caught my eye only because I want this exact image set up in my parent's backyard:
The Pixie Party

Adorable!
This reminds me of Brownie and Girl Guide camping at Camp Makeewah in the Magical Forest. There was a toadstool that the Brown Owl always put a loonie on top of and it was a race to see who got to the toadstool first.
Gosh I loved Brownies.
I do have to say, though, that I'm a little disappointed with some of the theme Martha & Co. came up with.
For example, the 'Flower Power' theme was described as 'Flowers and balloons are the theme at this party'........
I'm sorry.....what?
Since when does putting out flowers and balloons count as a theme? That's just called a party.
I've come up with much better themes than that.
Like last year's 1950's garden party.
Anyway, I'll keep you updated on birthday plans as they come along.

In other news: umm..... I am getting excited for THIS!

I embrace my Harry Potter nerdiness and if you do too then perhaps we should all organize a get together to watch the 2nd of the two final films next summer.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment