Thursday, July 29, 2010

Raspberry Coulis

Last day of work - then tonight the big cottage dinner grocery shop and tomorrow the rest of the errand-running - including, but not limited to: finding my fantastic wolf sweater, looking for birthday running shoes, and picking up more than I need from Dollarama.
I have a new list of things to get from the much beloved dollar store as John's brother is leaving for La-La Land for the month of August!
I think it's wonderful that he's heading to the West Coast (love this song by Jason Schwartzman''s coconut records) to get his name out there in the music biz. What an adventure!
So I have to put together a little L.A. survival package for him, obviously. Things he will find within said package may include a disguise, a guide to the paparazzi hotspots, an US Weekly, madeleines (made fresh this morning with lime instead of lemon), an autograph book.....other items will depend on what the dollar store has to offer.
In other news, I needed to find a basic recipe for raspberry coulis so that John and I can make it for our grilled peaches with vanilla yogurt desert.
Martha never let's me down. Simple and elegant.
Raspberry Coulis



  • In a small saucepan over medium heat, boil 12 ounces of raspberries and 3/4 cup of sugar for 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. Strain through a fine sieve, add water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture resembles a sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.


Doesn't get any easier than that!
Don't know if you've seen this yet but THIS VIDEO is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment