Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cupcake Photos

The BBQ was a lot of fun and the cupcakes went over very well.
John even did some baking yesterday and made ice cream cone cupcakes. I don't think I have a picture of it uploaded yet so I will get one on here in the next few days.
I made mini pies and apples.
I was so sure I was going to get kicked out or at the very least spoken to while standing in Sugar Mountain picking the red smarties out of the bin. And they're were no blue ones! I had to use jelly beans instead.

These apples obviously do not look as nice as the ones in the book BUT I could not find red muffin cups nor could I find green tootsie rolls or bulk standard ones. Sugar Mountain, you failed me. But the rootbeer liquorice worked well enough for the stem and mint leaves made due for the leaves. I also didn't dip the cupcake into the red sprinkles, just sprinkled them on by hand to avoid wasting the entire jar. Not bad for a first try I guess.
Now I can focus my energies on next weekend's cottage fam jam.
Everyone has taken on one meal - breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc - and John and I have volunteered to tackle a dinner.
We're doing a test run tonight to see what works and what needs tweaking.
I don't want to give too much away but I have focaccia baking in the oven right now and it smells goooooooood. Baking bread is definitely one of my favourite smells.
We're not going as all-out as we did last year because we want to have a bit more time out of the kitchen and more time to spend with the family that we don't get to see all that often.

And no, that's not a statement to throw off the other dinner-makers :)
I'm just really looking forward to good food, good people, and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment