Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blue Cheese Pop-Overs

Yesterday marked 2 years of cohabitation between me and John.
It's crazy that we've been living together for that long already!
It's been a wonderful two years and if these two are any indication of how things are going to play out in the future, well....I think we're in for one heck of a fun ride.
Photo taken from pigeon-master.livejournal.com

Since we both kind of forgot that yesterday was our move-in anniversary (oops) we're making a nice chicken pasta with buffalo mozarella for dinner. And because pasta isn't enough carbs, I put another recipe from the Martha Stewart Hors d'eouvres Handbook to the test:


Blue Cheese Pop-Overs

Though mine didn't really get the nice pop-over look on the top, they are very light and airy AND even though I added a ton more blue cheese than the recipe called for (I had almost a full package to try and use up, left over from the Pommes Annette) the taste is subtle. I think even blue cheese-ophobes could be persuaded to give these at least one thumb up.
To make these pop-overs:
1. In a bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp black pepper. Whisk until all of the lumps have smoothed out.
2. Add in 1 1/4 ounces of blue cheese (I used about 3/4 cup worth of cheese cut into very small cubes). Whisk again until smooth then put the batter in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours and preferably overnight.
3. Once chilled for several hours, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spoon batter into well greased mini muffin tins. Bake the pop-overs for 15-18 minutes or until the tops begin to brown slightly.
4. Allow them to cool slightly, remove from the pans, and serve while still warm.

I'm off to go finish up this pasta so I will post again tomorrow :)
P.S. I got a denim shirt yesterday! It's glorious. I found it at H&M for a reasonable price and while there I also found an amazing cocktail ring with a big black stone that rotates! It's stylish and fun to play with.
Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment