Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Hunting for Bridesmaid Dresses

An fun (but often difficult) part of the wedding planning process is finding the perfect bridesmaid dresses.
After finding my dress relatively quickly (note: it was the second one I put on) I was optimistic that my bridesmaids would have equal luck with theirs. I should note I was not (and still am not) opposed to letting them choose 4 different dresses so long as they were close to the same colour. From what I gathered they seemed to want to pick the same dress. I just wanted them to be comfortable.
We went on our first trip to try on some dresses, get an idea of the styles we all liked, and see if we could find a winner.
 Some dresses were beautiful, while others were not quite as nice. Trip one ended without a dress but it was still a ton of fun.
During a visit to another bridal store try on bridesmaid dresses for my best friend's wedding, I saw a dress that I really liked. I took a picture of it and sent it out to see how they reacted to it.
Everyone seemed to like it, so we made an appointment to go try it on and it was a winner.
Whether or not the fact that we had to order them THAT DAY so that they would arrive by the end of July (crazy, just crazy) impacted the decision, I can't say.
Either way I'm very happy with them and I'm planning on borrowing my sister's dress to wear to another wedding in September or October.

Here are some pictures of some of the dresses.
I won't say which one we went with but some of you already know.
And for those of you who don't, you'll find out in early September.

*All bridesmaids' identities have been hidden to protect the innocent slash keep them from getting mad at me re: posting pictures of them on the internet without consent.

Enjoy the fashion show!








Which one do you think we went with? Which one would YOU have gone with?

No comments:

Post a Comment