Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!!!

A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
~Enid Bagnold
If that ain't the truth, I don't know what is. My father has the wonderful ability to make me feel like a smart, educated woman, and at the same time can make me feel like a little girl again.
He has such an infectious youthful view of the world that it's hard not to get excited along with him at baseball games, going out for dinner, etc.
For the Monday night sing-alongs, the Tuesday night pick-ups, the groceries, and the Murray visits - Thank you!
And for the years of jokes (not always good ones haha), adventures, baseball games, long talks and small talks, Ireland trips, Florida drives, running stories, music, sunday paper trivia, laughs, tears, and the love....
Thank you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
I love you.
See you in a few for some huge bowls of spaghetti :)
P.S. I'm taking a risk here and assuming that he won't check my blog until AFTER dinner...
but here's his cake!


I was going to use fondant for the bases but decided I'd wait and open the package once I would use more than just a few strips of it. I used royal icing instead (Thank you Wendy for the meringue powder!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment