Saturday, June 16, 2012

Martha Stewart Living July 2012

I haven't done one of these in awhile, but when I saw the front cover of the July 2012 issue of Martha Stewart Living I knew I had to.
It's like it was made just for me.

So here is a quick (today's my bridal shower and I'm also trying to paint my nails, do my hair, organize invitations to be handed out, etc) review of the latest issue!

Martha Stewart Living July 2012


I love s'mores. A lot. A lot a lot.
So much so that they're likely going to be involved in our wedding favours.
I saw the cover and got super excited. Inside is a recipe for graham crackers which I cannot wait to put to the test. I also went to the website to try and find a link to the recipe but I found a different recipe. So I'll give you two.
Here's the one on the website. ---> click here!

And here's the magazine recipe for graham crackers.



  • Whisk together 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
  • In a bowl, beat together 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter with 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar and 2 tbsp honey. Beat until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and beat until combined.
  • Turn out dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Roll out each dough half to about 1/8" thick and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cut out cookies using a square fluted cutter (or the shape of your choice). For a fancier looking cookie, cut out a star shape (or again the shape of your choice) from the centre of each cookie. Reroll the scraps once and recut.
  • Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, placed 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for another 15 minutes or unti very firm.
  • Bake until dark brown, about 14-16 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through. Let cool, then enjoy!

Next up we have something I've always wanted to try doing: a lobster bake!
Confession: the recipe in this issue is not technically for a lobster bake. But it might as well be!



Here's the recipe for the picture above.

And wrapping up the July issue we come to another cookie recipe.
This one I'm anxious to try out because as weird as it sounds, it also sounds insanely delicious.
And bad for you, that's key.

Potato Chip Cookies



check ch-check check check ch-check it out here

No comments:

Post a Comment