Friday, September 18, 2009

Knitting and Pillows

It's Friday!!!

I couldn't be happier. I am SO excited to sleep in tomorrow and do absolutely nothing. Except make cinnamon buns in the morning. Mmmm.
I was up at 5:30 this morning, out of the house just after 6, and on the hospital unit by 7 am. I almost fell asleep on the bus ride home. I think tonight I may have an entire pot of tea, soak in a bath until I turn into a prune, and curl up on the couch or in bed with a movie.
Friday nights really bring out the party animal in me.
Taking a break from baking, cooking, and recipes for a minute, something else Martha-esque I really love in knitting. I learned how to do it last summer and have made a few things since then. There's a theme though, see if you can guess it.
This is a blanket I made for my sister for her birthday last October. It's probably the best thing I've made. It's beautiful, has very few mistakes and is actually very comfortable. I almost didn't give it to her but I was short on cash, having moved out the month before and being responsible for paying my own tuition. It's white with a white-black-gray trim at each end.

This is my current project. Another blanket, but not as wide. I'm hoping to have it done before December but there's no guarantee now that school is crazy. I'll figure something out.

So apart from my 3 blankets (1 not pictured because it's awful) I have also made 3 scarves! One for my mom, one for my dad, and one for John. I think John is the only one who wears his... hmm...

Did you guess the theme?

It's rectangular patterns. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to knit in circles or do anything more complicated than use several colours.

One of my other projects before I moved out was the make pillow covers for my couch! I got the fabric from Wal-Mart and went to town.

I made these two using a blueprint I got from - where else? - Martha. With some obvious revisions as the pillows are bigger than standard size and I can't measure :(

You can find the instructions to make your own pillow cover here

I'm going to go take a nap. Or watch the last few episodes from season 2 of True Blood.

I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe!

Happy Friday

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment