Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days 'Til Christmas! (Day 13)

As promised today you'll get a look at my tree and a recipe!
We still don't have any lights up on the ol' tannenbaum but I don't mind. It's positioned right beside the couch and the pine scent just puts me in such an elated mood that I have no worries. Which I should as I have 2 exams tomorrow and one on Tuesday. Then another on Thursday.
Gulp.
But here she is, my tree:
Definitely will look a little better once the lights are up. Our red and silver theme looks quite nice I think. But I'm obviously biased cause I love that tree.


We also went slightly Christmas Crazy yesterday upon pulling down all the boxes of decoartions. I had a fake fireplace last year (picture later, I know I have it I just have to dig around for it) but the tree is covering last year's spot so I had to improvise. The bookshelf is now our stockinged fireplace.
P.S. I made those stockings - decorated them, bought them plain from dollarama - last year during exams hahaha I hate studying :(
And now your recipe!
These are perfect to make for a party or as a gift for someone.
Chocolate Truffles
You will need:
  • 8 ounces bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tbsp liquer (optional but you could use triple sec, framboise, or grand marnier, etc)
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
    To make the truffles:
  1. Put chocolate into a large heatproof bowl. Bring cream just to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; pour over chocolate in bowl. Stir in liqueur, if desired. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand 10 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand until thick, about 15 minutes.
  2. Pour chocolate mixture into a shallow dish or pie plate. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until mixture is very cold and set but still pliable, about 30 minutes.
  3. Using a teaspoon or a melon baller, scoop balls of the chocolate mixture and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper as you work. Refrigerate the truffles for about 10 minutes.
  4. Dust your hands with cocoa powder and then dip each truffle completely into the cocoa powder to coat. Quickly shape the truffle into a ball by rolling it in your hands.
  5. Refridgerate the truffles in an airtight container and reshape into a ball before serving. You can also reroll them in cocoa powder before you serve them if so desired.

(A close up shot of one of my preferd ornaments)


Enjoy!
I'll be making those truffles either Thursday, Friday, or Saturday so I will post pictures once they are created. Also my Bad Sweater Party is this Saturday so I will post pictures from years past!

No comments:

Post a Comment