Monday, December 28, 2009

A Lovely Holiday in Ottawa


I'm home from Ottawa and I had a lovely time! It was a fun two nights of family dinners, games, and catching up. Plus a lot of oogling over the newest edition to the family: baby Leah.

The weather was also pretty good while we were there and it made it perfect for a walk into the "downtown" area to give John the tour, as he'd never been there before. There had been freezing rain on our drive there and it made the trees look beautiful:

Also during our walk about town we came across this cool looking old car. Couldn't resist taking a picture of it.




We had dinner both nights at my Aunt Wendy (hi Wendy!)'s place and it was delicious. She has really nice decorative taste too. I'm hoping to see a message on facebook with the details as to where she bought those snowflake napkin rings.

It was wonderful evening after wonderful evening and I cannot wait to do it again next year! The country Christmas gift exchange was so much fun. Some people got some great gifts and others (my poor sister) ended up with gifts they weren't too keen on. I snatched up a Slap-Chop as fast as I could but it was mercilessly stolen from me. Thankfully John got one. I walked away with a lemon saver, a hand-held zester and two books of drinking games. Very appropriate. Our cousin gift exchange worked out quite well in my favour also! I got a beautiful Coach makeup bag, an adorable ornament of a sweater on a hanger AND (drumroll please).....


...A Santa toilet seat cover. Amazing. Thank you so so so much Jennie, that picture is for you!
I'm kind of sad that Christmas is over for another year but New Years is fast approaching and I've decided that my New Years resolution is to get incredibly fit by July for my friends' wedding. I'm going to try and cut down on the cookies, candies, and baked goods that have been waaaayyy to big a part of my diet during the holidays, and I'm going to up my cardio, squats, lunges, etc. I've got 6ish months so I'm feeling very positive about this resolution.
I'm working literally all day tomorrow in a desperate attempt to make any money I can asap soooo probably no post tomorrow. But I will on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment