Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas yesterday! I sure did. I had three Christmases all rolled up into one day. In the morning I headed over to my parent's house and we opened gifts together. I got a lovely new sleeping bag, a Longchamps bag, PJs, socks (a stocking staple), jewelery, the new Audrey Niffenegger book, a jacket, a snuggie, a beauty of a sweater.... all in all it was a good haul. THEN we went to John's grandfather's house for dinner and another gift exchange. I got some really great kitchen stuff (they know me very well, obviously), including a Williams-Sonoma cookie cake pan (the one that looks like an oreo) and the cake mix to go with it from John's brother and sister. I got Lulu Lemon pants, a shirt, cozy PJs, and we also got a new laser printer from John's parents! After a delicious meal, we came back home and opened our gifts before settling in to watch Inglourious Basterds. John got me a breadmaker! Now I can delay the need to get married just to register for one. Maybe that was all a part of his plan....hmmm.... He also got me a vaccuum (not at all offensive, I asked for one and was really excited to see it!) that looks like a shark! And a Jamie Oliver recipe magazine. Woooweee. I done good this year.
Here are a few pictures from Christmas Eve at Nathan Phillips Square


We used to actually go skating before getting Chinese food but now we all just tend to watch.
Some of my gifts: My snuggie (jealous? I picked it out like back in October), my bag, my cupcake calendar, and my cake pan!

A kettle from my Nanny, my shark vaccuum cleaner, who I will call Sharkimedes, and the breadmaker!!!! I'm definitely tearing that box open when I'm home from Ottawa.

My sleeping bag: good to -12 degrees! And soft as as anything.

Well I hope everyone did as well as I did this year. I hope it was spent with friends, family, and loved ones. I'm off to Ottawa in a few hours to spend a few days with more family so I won't be posting for a few days.
Back on Monday -
Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment