Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Brie, Chicken, and Why I Love my Parents

I'm sorry I abandoned y'all for the better part of the week .... yikes. It was unintentional, I can promise you that. I had a busy weekend and then had school + work on both Monday and Tuesday. I am also sick (again) so I'm trying to take it easy and get myself healthy again.
Friday night I entertained some friends at the apartment so I scoured my fridge for hors d'ouevres and decided upon a baked brie. It's so good and all you need is tin foil (which is optional), some crackers, and the cheese.
Pop the sucker into a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes-ish and then serve. I put my brie on tin foil only because I am lazy and don't like scrubbing pans. Plus it came in handy when I had to pop it back in the oven because my friends were running late. The cheese was already gooey so I wrapped it in the tin foil to keep it from leaking everywhere.
So we have here the brie before it went into the oven:

The brie after round 1 of baking:
The brie after round 2 of baking:
Mmmmmm even just looking at the pictures it enough to make me salivate.
As you can probably guess, my eat-well resolution hit some major roadblocks over the weekend. But fear not! It's back on track.
On that note, I'm trying to decide what to do with the chicken I'm making for dinner tonight. I was thinking of beer-can chicken but I don't think we have any beer in cans.... so back to the drawing board. I'll think of something. I've still got time. I know I'm making broccoli and sweet potatoes to go with it. John expressed his desire to eat more sweet potatoes last night as they are very good for you and - little tid bit of useless info for ya - are what helped Usain Bolt to break the 100 m running record. There's some motivation for you to incorporate more veggies into your diet :)
So lastly, here is why I love my parents:
  • My mom and dad both explained the origins of the term "soldiers" (see last post) pretty quickly after I posted it
  • My mom told me how cute I am for posting my mermaids and then reminded me of one I forgot to mention! (A Christmas tree ornament that is safely packed away for next year. The tree? Still right beside me. What?)
  • My dad also bought me bacon on Tuesday night and his reasoning was "because you said you didn't have any on your blog."

The fact that my parents read my blog makes me happy and it also means that they make up 50% of my readers. :)

Gotta love 'em.

Off to decide what to do with that pesky poulet.

No comments:

Post a Comment