Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sandwiches, Cake, Tut, and The Lovely Bones

Oh Sunday, how depressing a day you are.
But at least this week might go by quicker as I don't work tomorrow night. I have to go to school for a peer leader dinner/meeting thing which I better be getting paid to attend. I'm losing 7 hours of pay by not going to work tomorrow!
!
Anyway, yesterday was a lot of fun. The Tut exhibit is really pretty cool and I love egyptology so all of the gold and other items that they found in Tut's tomb was very interesting. I recommend it to anyone interested in that sort of thing!
Our dinner also went over very well. John made a really good spaghetti with turkey, shrimp, and bacon (go ahead and salivate, it was as good as it sounds). My appetizer sandwiches that I wrote about on Friday also were a hit. I took a picture of the finished product for you:
Also a great success was the cake!
I used the cookie cake pan that John's brother and sister got me for Christmas and the cake turned out sooo well. And tastes sooo good. So good, in fact, that my diet has been sent into a tailspin. Because I've eaten so much of the cake. Uh oh. But tell me you wouldn't want to devour this:

The buttercream filling sort of exploded out of the cookie cake because I think the cake was still a little too hot. Oh well, live and learn. Looks fine now.
I went to see The Lovely Bones with my mom and sister today. I loved the book but the movie is kind of weird... I mean I still cried almost the entire time but ..I don't know, I guess I was expecting more.
I did find an incredible sale at Old Navy though. And I bought two new sports bras, a new work out shirt, and a pair of shorts for like $50. Thank you Old Navy. Now I'll be motivated to work out and wear them. I hope.

We're heading over to the neighbour's for dinner and I have to start an essay that's due in like a week so....
Hope you had a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment