Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Healthy Lunch Idea

Bonjour! Happy Belated Robbie Burns day! I forgot all about it until yesterday night when I ventured over to the local pub to see my Dad and was greeted by men in kilts. Amazing.
This will be a quick post as I have to skeedaddle to work in about half an hour and need to organize dinner and school work to take with me.
On Sunday while I was baking banana bread I also made a challah loaf and here it is:

I'm actually quite impressed by how much it tastes like challah from a bakery! I think I may prefer this one over the regular white bread I made first. I want to get the fixin's to make pumpernickel bread and rye. I'd try sourdough but you need one of those sourdough starters that's been passed down for it to be legit.
I made John a nice healthy and hardy lunch:
Tuna Sandwich on Challah with Peppercorn Ranch Salad
Easy easy easy to make.
  • Open a can of flaked tuna, drain the water, and place into a small mixing bowl.
  • Add 1-2 tbsp of mayonnaise, minced red onion, and salt and pepper and mix together with a fork. Spread on bread of choice and enjoy.
  • For the salad, toss together lettuce, red onion, alfalfa sprout and peppercorn ranch dressing. Top with parmesan cheese.

Yum.

I'll be back tomorrow with perhaps another recipe for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment