Saturday, January 2, 2010

Eggplant Recipe + Resolutions update

I made a delicious eggplant recipe last night - resolution eat more vegetables: check.
I also had fish (beer battered something...it was pretty good to tell the truth) - resolution find a way to make fish taste good : check.
I also made a pack of Mr. Noodle and ate 3/4 of it - resolution eat better : Fail.
But it's okay! So far today I have kept my diet in check and eaten only good things. I'm making a whole chicken for dinner and either spaghetti squash or zucchini to go with it. The chicken will last a few days too so I can make some salad with it for tomorrow.
The eggplant I made last night was really good and worth sharing. It's a Martha recipe but I changed it up a bit so it's a Martha-Jamie collabo.
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees; cut 2 eggplants into slices (about 4-6 per eggplant depending on its size) and place in a roasting pan.
  2. Brush eggplant (both sides) with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, and 1/4 cup honey. Sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes on top (keep in mind they're spicy so put as little or as much as you want).
  3. Bake skin side up for about 10 minutes. Then let cool, eat, and enjoy!
I'm taking my bread machine on her maiden voyage at the moment. We're (yes, we as is the bread machine and I) making a basic white bread. It's pretty fun to watch.


I'll post some pictures when the loaf is baked and beautiful, which should be in about an hour and a half. Ooohhhh so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment