Sunday, August 1, 2010

Good Things For August

So I just realized that I stopped doing my "Good Things" posts for each month awhile back. Oops.
Well you're in luck because a new month (and arguably the BEST month or at least tied with December) is upon us!
So without further ado, I present:
Jamie's Good Things for August
1. Birthdays

Know any Leo's?
They're good people.
Buy them fantastic gifts.
Some of them are turning 25 and having mild panic attacks every so often.
2. Peaches

This year they've rippened sooner than usual so get yourself to the nearest farmers market/grocery store and stock up. I prefer the freestone variety to the clingstone. I think I mentioned it a few posts ago but I know the location of the best peaches in the world. It's a convenient store on Wilmington (in the plaza near Finch).

3. Canoe Trips in Algonquin Park

I've gone canoeing in Algonquin every summer now for a few years - twice last summer. As of right now there are no immediate plans to drive up and get our paddle on but I will be seriously disappointed if September hits and no one has planned a trip. John's friends are usually pretty good about organizing a trip in early September. Worst case scenario I'll just talk John into going alone with me. My "j" stroke could use some work anyway.


4. Sufjan Stevens


If you do not know who Sufjan Stevens is then shame on you....but I understand. He's not super well known so don't feel bad. But listen to this guy's music. You won't be sorry.
If you ever need to just sit back and enjoy your surroundings, appreciate life and the beautiful things in it then I highly suggest you play some of these songs. Especially Casimir Pulaski Day.
There are a few songs in particular that I would like you to listen to.
One. Casimir Pulaski Day. I never EVER tire of hearing this song. Love it. Definitely one of my all time favourites.
Two. John Wayne Gacy Jr. Haunting at times.
Three. Chicago. A little more upbeat than the other two.
Four. Not a Sufjan original but a good song regardless.
Ok I'll stop but there are lots of great ones so give this guy a listen.

I think that's good for August :)
Enjoy it while it's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment