Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Martha's Homemade Hummus

Today's post will be a two-parter because I already uploaded pictures for today's recipes but I also told my best friend that I'd find her a good hummus recipe for her engagement party.
Going to one of the only sources I trust I found a relatively simple recipe for hummus.
The only ingredient that might be somewhat tricky to locate is tahini but I've seen it so Tracy if you can't find it - let me know!

Martha's Homemade Hummus



1. Reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid, drain and rinse 2 cans of chickpeas. Place chickpeas in a food processor and add in the liquid, 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup tahini (be sure to stir it well before adding it in), 2 chopped cloves of garlic, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, and 1 1/4 tsp salt.  Process until smooth.

This recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
If you want to make this look fancier when you serve it, jazz it up like in the picture above. Serve the hummus in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil into the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment