Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snack Sunday: Goat Cheese Crostini with Fig Compote

Another Sunday, another snack.
And this one's a bit fancier than chocolate dipped pretzles.
Three things I like: bread (probably my biggest vice), cheese, and figs all come together in this recipe to make a delicious and elegant appetizer for a party or just as a pick-me-up snack.
Goat Cheese Crostini with Fig Compote


  • Cut on the diagonal 1 small baguette into about 24 peices and brush both sides with olive oil. Broil in the oven until toasted, about 1-2 minutes.
  • In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup chopped figs, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup dry red wine, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 7-9 minutes. Let compote cool to room temperature.
  • Distribute 1 small goat cheese log among the 24 slices of baguette and spread on each peice. Spoon the compote over the goat cheese and serve!

Looks nice and fancy eh?

As soon as I buy some more figs I will be putting this recipe to the test!

1 comment:

  1. fig+goat cheese is always the best combination. I love making this at home!

    ReplyDelete