Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snack Sunday: Sweet Potato Hummus

I've decided I'm going to try something a little new for the New Year. I have a bad habit of rambling sometimes, and since this is a food blog (but also crafts, entertaining, etc) and there has been a lack of recipes as of late, I am going to designate Sundays as 'Snack Sundays' and ensure that there is a new recipe up each and every week!
I missed out on starting this up last Sunday but I was a busy girl all day - cleaning the apartment (which is still unfortunately at the top of the to-do pile), then heading over to a dinner at John's parents' place that included his aunt, uncle, cousin and his cousin's very pregnant fiance. How pregnant? Her due date was last Sunday! We were all anxiously waiting to see if she'd start having contractions. Her stomach was getting very tight for several minutes at a time and she let us all feel (very kind) but no baby that night :(
So let us begin this week with a delicious sounding recipe!
I am going to try this one out the next time I have people over.
Sweet Potato Hummus


  • Peel and cut into 1 inch peices 1 pound of sweet potatoes and boil for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Place in a food processor.
  • Combine 1 can chickpeas, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup tahini, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp cumin, and 1 clove of garlic in the food processor. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Thin with water if the mixture is too thick, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
  • Serve with pita or vegetables!

Well there you have it! A delicious sounding spin on a party staple. I was finally able to locate tahini last year but have yet to buy any... I'll be sure to do so soon though so I can make this dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment