Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snack Sunday: Vegetable Salsa!

As previously stated, salsa is one of my all-time favourite condiments.
I use it on burgers, nachos (natch), in scrambled eggs and omelets, and pretty much everything else I can think of.
What I'm trying to say here is that I love salsa.
So when I saw this recipe, I was smitten.
It's going on the top of my to-do pile and I cannot WAIT to try this one out.
Vegetable Salsa
(courtesy of Marthastewart.com)


  • Preheat a grill pan. Halve 3 medium tomatoes, 2 small zucchinis, 2 japanese eggplants, and 2 small yellow squash. Grill vegetables until softened and lightly browned on both sides. Allow the veggies to cool.
  • Chop the vegetables into small peices and toss them together in a large bowl. Add in 1/4 cup minced onion, 1 tbsp tumeric, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tbsp canola oil, and 3 tbsp orange juice. Add salt to taste. Cover and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Serve with toasted whole-wheat bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment